Tuesday, April 18, 2006

First post from ISB

I begin my journey here!

It is my 4th day in ISB today (though the day has just started!). So what has it been? Well. Firstly, though this is the orientation week with ZERO academics, I have been kept busy so far - settling down, registering, scouting for amenities, absorbing any gyaan thrown on my way, attending presentations after presentations and getting aware of the fact that these nasty things can stretch into any ungodly hour.

Of course, there is a huge socialization drive this week. After a zillion handshakes in the past 96 hours I can put some 20 names and faces together. I sincerely hope that this improves.

There are some small things yet to be finalized, but apart from that I am practically settled here, what with my laptop reformatted, final loan formalities going through fine and groups finalized.

Met with the group of people I will be working with. We are 3 s/w engineers, an army major, a CA and an engineer from ONGC. Given that I am an IT products guy and the other two have IT - services background, we do have a good diversity!

I hope I'll capture all the essence of what I witness in this exciting year @ ISB. One thing is for sure. These guys know how to keep us busy. Even as I write here, there is a party starting just outside my student village - the farewell that the Co 07 is giving the Co 06 guys. And the party is starting just after the last presentation for the day :o

No comments: