Friday, April 21, 2006

Talent Nite

Am just back from the "Talent Night"here. The performances of fellow students, to say the least, was astounding. I think this stands as a testimonial to the selection process of a B-school which lays importance on diversity. Some US B-schools proclaim that they craft a class of students to give them an enriching experience. I personally thought ISB would compromise on it given its batch size. But I think I clearly missed the point that a bigger batch will also help it achieve bigger diversity.

We had a presentation which talked about the statistical highlights of the incoming batch. It talked about the diversity of backgrounds of the students. Co 2007 has doctors, (the ubiquitous) s/w professionals, marine engineers, mining engineers, journalists, fashion designers, army majors, accountants....well the list is long. This merits a mention here since I believe what I witnessed today in terms of sheer variety of talent has a direct correlation with the diversity of backgrounds. I wish I take away a lot from this diversity, of course contributing to it as much as I can to comple(ment)te the learning process here.

No comments: