Saturday, August 12, 2006

"Fin"ished

Cheat Sheet
What you see above is not the Rosetta Stone. This was the cheat sheet some philanthropist prepared and distributed for the Corporate Finance examination.

(For the uninitiated: Cheat Sheet - a sheet of A4 paper that you are allowed to take inside the exam hall with whatever you want written on it. Translated to "bittu" in vernacular)

This morning we had Corporate Finance mid-term and it didn't take me too long to figure out that I didn't know a thing about evaluating businesses. Darn! Whatever firms I tried to value turned to have HUGE negative NPVs*. Midas touch - the wrong way, huh?

Lastly, today I found that a few exchange seats from some of the best universities like Darden, Queens, Rotman are going dime-a-dozen in terms of bidding points. If only I had a few more rupees :(

No comments: