Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Angolan Shooting

It's been "some" time sice I blogged and there are quite a number of good reasons for it, beyond my increasing sloth and decreasing time availability (may be these two have a causal relationship), that is. However, this news piece made me break my silence:

Angolan actors 'killed by police'

Certainly, one of "Man bites dog" genre. I do not know if it is the actors who have to be posthumously honoured for 'acting naturally' (talk about Oxymorons) or the police which had to be 'winked at' for this state of excessive alertness. If only our Mumbai police department had been this vigilant, the entire race of villian-turned-heroes would have now been six feet under terra firma. Nevertheless, it is a case of human tragedy - lives lost unnecessarily. Too high a price to be paid for, well doing your job exceedingly well.

No comments: