Thursday, April 27, 2006

KISS

The KISS you find here is NOT the "anatomical juxtaposition of two orbicular muscles in a state of contraction". It just stands for "Keep It Short and Simple". Hope I have KISSed the definition (if you find pun here, consider it intended). And for all those who expected something juicy...am sorry.

We've heard from sources within (and without) the Management arena that business education is all about jargons. A friend of mine once said, "You wouldn't know what hit you in the first few days of B-school". He was right. I am now encountering pebbles, but I smell an appointment with Shoemaker Levy 9 in the not-so-distant-future.

Why did I name this post KISS? At least so far, all that had hit me here have been "acronyms". What with 4P's, 5C's, 6M's, 7S's, the A.P. never seems to end. (If you think A.P. stands for Andhra Pradesh and you are not enrolled for the Quant Pre-term, you have reasons to worry). I think one of my feedbacks (if and) when I leave the campus at the end of the year would be to add a pre-term named "Demistifying Management Acronyms(DMA)" or something to such effect and make the enrollment compulsory. I think that would equip students to sail through the first few days of the core-courses without a bandage or two in their foreheads.

GB & HAND

(if you dunno, what they mean, well...just don't bother)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If not a course they should atleast publish a book on Acronyms; Just to ensure standards :-)

For starters KISS means (atleast in amrika) - Keep It Simple, Stupid..

-Hermes

Ayshu said...

Not in your B school..But curious is GB and Hand good bye and hv a nice day??