Sunday, April 30, 2006

Pre-read MBA

The "pre-reading" bug has caught-up big time here. The pangs of the bug seem to be so vicious so that people are scurrying around to pre-read everything. Rumour has it that even a few prospectives of Co 2008 have started with it!

As always, I was just lazing around as the the solitary pre-term I attended, (viz., Introductory Accounting) gave me a "nashaa" commensurate with that of several "neats" of Smirnoff. These "nashaa"s do not wear off that easily.

However, I think that A/C can save me a lot of bucks in the long run. Imagine this:

(Context: Start of weekend)
Bloke1: Bring on the spirits mate!
Bloke2: Chal abey. Lezz go and get some alcohol. (To me) How about you dude?
I: Well. Nothing. All that I need to do to get sloshed is just get a coupla balance sheets done!

Well. I did attempt this! I tried doing a balance sheet for...(drumrolls, please) myself!

One is informed that, to do a balance sheet, certain assumptions must be satisfied:

1. Separate entity: Krishnan Ramaswami is a separate entity in ISB and several souls can vouch for it.
2. Going concern: I do not see me dying in the forseeable future (unless the ASA here has plans to the contrary), though I should admit that am "extremely" short-sighted.

Let us push the other two-assumptions into the petty-cash drawer and move on to the godforsaken sheet. Well. Here is it:



I can hear shouts of "Tally-Ho!" from seasoned accountants that the loan must be a long-term liability. (Glossary: Seasoned Accountants = souls who can take 10+ balance sheets straight before going down). Peace! I just made a strategic decision that I shall apportion a sizeable amount of the *crore* (read: Gross sal post ISB) towards loan amortization.

1 comment:

Ramaa Iyer said...

Hey how about referring you to the Institute of Chartered Accountants.Am sure it'll be a pleasure in learing few basic things in Accounts :)